The Program Office's main goal is to schedule students in a manner that best satisfies their educational needs in conformity with the school's dual mission:
"…to provide a balanced opportunity for students to pursue both rigorous conservatory style training, and a challenging college-preparatory academic program." This mandate must be carried out within the constraints of budgetary capability, staffing availability, and space accessibility.
A student's program must have contain the following:
- a minimum of 5.5 hours of instructional time (Lunch does not count toward this.)
- a valid third period class for attendance
- a designated lunch period
- requested courses that fit within the confines of a ten period day, which includes lunch.
Additional recommendations follow:
- Every student should consult the Chart of Graduation Requirements to follow his or her progress towards graduation.
- Each student should meet with a guidance counselor once each semester to review to review his or her transcript and discuss courses that should be taken.
Disclaimer: Each student course request will be honored unless one or more of the following is true:
- the class is oversubscribed
- the class is eliminated due to budgetary restraints, space restraints or low registration
- course selections conflict